1. Please, describe shortly who you are.
I’m Sophie Amelia and I own my own salon, Sophie Amelia hair. I am a fun, bubbly stylist with a sparkly personality!
2. How many years have you been a hairstylist?
I have been working in a salon since I was 13 and have now been qualified for 10years.
3. Tell us more about your studies and your professional experiences / achievements ?
I have been applying hair extensions for 7 years and I am L’Oréal Professional Colour Specialist. I have worked at London’s fashion week, backstage at the L’Oréal colour trophy, worked with Richard phillipart at Central saint martins. I have also been a semi finalist in the L’Oréal colour trophy. I am also part of the L’Oréal ID artist team for the next 2years (2018-2020) I also teach my own education.
4. Awards and certificates?
ID ARTIST 18-20
Dn21 awards Social media winner.
L’Oréal colour specialist
5. How Would You Describe Your Work Style?
Beautiful, on trend and seamless.
6. How do you approach the customer (for example: “I find original and creative hairstyles or I’ll try to find the best ones based on the customer personality style and visages”)
I approach my customers through Social media, this is my shop window and will always look through my social media for inspiration for the client.
7. Which are the most important skills that a hairstylist should have?
Basic skills and the rest is passion and creativity!
8. How did you reach your success?
I reached my success by working hard and going on as many courses that I felt was necessary. My life is my work and I had a goal which I knew where I wanted to be, now I have achieved that goal I want to expand which I look for programmes which can help me get there.
9. Why did you choose to work with Gold Fever?
I chose to work with Goldfever as it caught my eye with its beautiful healthy hair but the most important thing for me is that I know exactly where the hair is coming from, it’s ethical and I can tell my clients a story which they then buy into so much easier.